India's Largest & Trusted Job Portal
Join As Our Special MemberClick Here
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
Aadhaar is required to make use of various services and to authenticate various documents. To use the online facilities owned by Aadhaar, you need to register your mobile number with UIDAI, which will be sent by the OTP for authentication. If you wish to use the Aadhaar application, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar. If your mobile number previously registered with UIDAI has been deactivated or if you want to change your mobile number in the Aadhar card details, you need to visit an Aadhaar membership center.
Easy Steps to Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
There may be instances where people have lost their cell phones or the number is disabled for some reason. Also, if you have changed your existing mobile number to a new mobile number, you can update it in the UIDAI database. Follow these steps to change your mobile number in Aadhaar:
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card 2021
- Step 1: Visit the nearby Aadhaar enrollment center.
- Step 2: Fill out the Aadhaar update / fix form.
- Step 3: Give form to an Aadhaar executive.
- Step 4: Pay the Rs. 30/- fee for the service.
- Step 5: Get an acknowledgment token that contains the URN.
- Step 6: The URN becomes usable for the status check for updating the request.
- Step 7: The mobile number is updated in the Aadhaar database in 3 months.
Very Simple Steps to Add/Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
You can add your mobile number to your Aadhar card and register it in UIDAI. Various messages and OTP related to your Aadhaar is sent to this mobile number. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has seen some of the new features on their portal as you can now easily change or add a new mobile number to your Aadhaar card.
This process of adding a new number to an Aadhar card will make life easier for the average citizen. But before doing that, you need to connect the mobile number with Aadhaar. Recently, most people were updating or connecting their mobile number using the Service Update Portal (SSUP) or by visiting the local Permanent Enrollment Center for the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
Please refer to these steps when planning to change the mobile number on your Aadhaar card:
- Step 1: Go to the nearby Aadhar enrollment center
- Step 2: Update the Aadhaar registration form
- Step 3: Enter your mobile number in the application form
- Step 4: File the form with the executive
- Step 5: Verify your details using biometric data
- Step 6: You don’t need to provide documents.
- Step 7: To get this service you need to pay INR 30/- fees.
- Step 8: For those who mention mobile number when registering, there is no need to re-register.
Get More Updates: Check Now
How can I change my mobile number on the Aadhar card online?
- No, you cannot change your mobile number online. You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to change your mobile number. Do I have to send documents to change the mobile number?
It is not necessary to send documents to change the mobile number.
How can I change my mobile number on Aadhar card online without OTP?
- Click on the option “Aadhaar Card” service option. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or UID or VID (a 16-digit virtual identification number or EID, a 28-digit registration ID). You must enter the security code. Click the check box “If you do not have a registered mobile number, check the box”
How can I change my mobile number on the Aadhar card without the old number?
- In case you have lost or no longer have the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, you must personally visit the nearest Aadhaar update center to update the mobile number. In this case, it is not possible to update the mobile number via regular mail or online.
How long will it take to update the mobile number in aadhar?
- For updating the mobile number / email ID, the notification will be sent to the mobile number / email ID provided. Upgrading in Aadhaar takes up to 90 days after request.