SSC CHSL TIER- I EXAM SYLLABUS 2020
- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- Questions are prepared for the general test of the candidate
Awareness about its surroundings and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test current events and such knowledge. As can be expected from an educated person in matters of observation and experience everyday in their scientific aspect. The test will also include questions History, culture, geography, economic landscape, general policy and scientific research, especially related to India and its neighboring countries.
- It will include both oral and nonverbal questions. The test will include semantic analogy, image classification, perforated holes / pattern-folding and revealing questions , Semantic Series, Figure Pattern-Folding and Completing, Number Series, Embedded Figures, symbolic operations, symbolic / number analogy, trends, pictorial analogy, space orientation, semantic classification, Venn diagram, number / number classification, drawing reference, Figure Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and Decoding, Other Submixes, if any numerical operations.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and
Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency
polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary
angles, Height and distances.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts,
Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, Congruence and similarity of triangles, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Algebra: Algebra and Elementary surds and Graphs of Linear Equations.
SSC CHSL TIER – II WRITTEN EXAM
- Tier-II paper paper will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks in pen and paper ‘mode. The duration of the descriptive paper will be for one hour (80 minutes for Para 8.1 and 8.2). The paper will consist of essay / letter / writing Application / Precis etc.
- The paper has to be written in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
SSC CHSL TIER – III SKILL TEST/ TYPING TEST
- The skill test / typing test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on a computer provided by the Commission or its authorized agency. The test will be conducted in the cities where the regional offices of the commission are located or as decided by the commission.